Friday, May 9, 2008

Baltimore

The great thing about moving “away” is that going “home” becomes a wonderful vacation!

God’s gift to parents with small children is relatives and when you willingly move miles away from them you can truly classify yourself as a little bit of an idiot. However, when you live close to them, they most likely classify you as an ungrateful idiot, who takes advantage of their love for your children. OHHHH, but when you live away and come back to visit suddenly they become the……………uhhhhh…………great relatives that they are!

So the way I see it, moving away is the best of both worlds because when you visit, you have grown folks, with grown children, fighting over when they will get to spend time with your babies. See you might have missed that…they don’t want to see you; they want to see your babies.

What I am saying to you is that living away from your family can be extremely difficult, no question about it. You have to search, interview, pay and sometimes steal a good babysitter. BUT when send word that you are coming “home”, you get phone calls, emails and text messages from people wondering when will they get a turn to give you a break.

I am going home next week and I am so excited that one would think I was going to Paris, but my goodness Baltimore is going to be great!

3 comments:

rashad said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!! And when you get here, be sure to take plenty of pictures

Shaneia said...

Happy Mother's Day Wynt....I didnt have power yesterday at all...All the power in Canton went out all day from like 9am until last night...but I would like to finally meet Kaitlyn and see Alena again. I haven't seen her since she was like 7 months old. From the sounds of it they have a pretty filled up schedule, but if possible it'll be good to see them.
It'll be good to see you too...and if the babies schedules are too busy know that I still would like to see my old friend.

Unknown said...

enjoy your time home with the family. tell them i said hello.