Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Confession

When I first decided to start "blogging," a friend of mine said to me, "You don't have to blog often but just be consistent. There is nothing worse then an inconsistent blogger."

So when I took on this challenge I knew how intense it would be. I would need to be interesting enough to reel em in, creative enough to make em come back and intriguing enough to have them begging for more.... I had this thing down to a science and I was ready to jump all over it...

Blog 1...BAAAM
Blog 2...BAAAAAAMM
Blog 3...BAAAAAAAAMMM
Blog 4... BAA...maybe later
Blog 5...Ok, tomorrow
Blog 6... um
Blog 7... I am over it

Its not that I am in a constant state of writer’s block. I come up with lots of topics that I wish to attack. Its not that I lost my drive or my desire to write. In fact I think about blogging often. Actually almost every evening once the kids are in bed and Jonathan is watching discovery channel (or something just as uninteresting) I sit at my computer, read up on my favorite blogs, log in and then something happens.

Somehow, someway, I end up minimizing the blogger box (with every intention to open in a minute) and the little arrow guided by my right hand drifts over to the red box that patiently sits on my desktop labeled "WordBiz."

If you are not familiar with this box then you are missing out. That’s right, I am addicted to SCRABBLE!!!!! I just can't stay away and it’s bad. I spend just about every evening strategizing, adjusting, and rearranging seven tiles at a time.

Somewhere between my 2nd and 3rd game (depending on my number of wins) my eyes begin to get heavy and its time to say goodnight.

So that’s it. I am a blog failure because I am a word game geek.

I sincerely apologize for the let down and from here on out I make a no commitment vow to do better.

phew glad I got that out!!! :-)

6 comments:

Chrystal said...

We're all addicted to something. At least you got it out!

rashad said...

I must admit that I am a bit of a snob to those people who don't blog everyday..but then again, i blog everyday and some of my entries are just hot, steaming garbage. So what's the message here? Blog when you feel like it, and the people(or at least I)will come...

Unknown said...

LOL, at least you make an attempt.

Shaneia said...

Its wordsearch for me Wynnie on mensa's website, they put one out everyday...and if its not that its the pacman on my igoogle that helps get me through the workday...
Dont worry...I blog less than you, but I can only do it when I really have something to say. I enjoy reading them...so I keep checking...

Rosheeda said...

U DO know that you need help, right? (and SCRABBLE is really what that is, by the way) - forgive the slang. That's what happens when you work with youth. :)

Jenn said...

Its ok really. Sometimes there is nothing really pressing to "blog" about. You may have ideas but it may not be the right time to get the word out...

Love ya for having a desire to blog. And Rashad is right... The faithful readers will always return...