Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Memories

By no means is my memory one of my best assets. I think I could probably do without it completely since it does not serve much purpose in my daily existence. Actually I have friends who often joke that I must not have been present between 1995 and 2005 because I can’t remember anything from that ten year stretch. I think it might be more accurate to tag 06 and 07 right onto that. However, there is one particular day that I can almost replay word for word, action for action and thought for thought. The incidents that took place throughout that day play a significant role in my life as I know it today.

August 2003. Everything was so new. I was a newlywed, still very much in the honeymoon phase, fresh out of undergrad, a recent implant to New Jersey and was about 1 month into my first “real” job. It had been quite a summer and my husband and I were looking forward to settling down and beginning our life together, just the two of us.

The day started like normal. I got up and went to work while Jonathan got up and went golfing… whether or not he did a little work before that is questionable! At about noon I got a phone call from my aunt. She had a dream that my mother, who was also recently married, was pregnant. We laughed hysterically at the thought and then she spent the rest of the conversation describing this beautiful baby to me. She was really upset that it was only a dream and she didn’t actually get to kiss and love on this bright eyed, dark haired, plump little girl. And of course she threw in an occasional joke that maybe this baby was mine. As expected my response was “yeah right, girl please”….but her words did resonate and the wheels in mind began to turn.

For the rest of the day, I was a bundle of nerves, paying close attention to my every twinge, ache and yawn. Needless to say on my way home from work I made a pit stop...

I sat quietly, alone on the couch in our living room, with every feeling, emotion and thought imaginable running through my head. “Could I be? No way…we have only been married 1 month…well it would be fun to have a baby…yeah but we said 3 years…..OH MY GOODNESS” Believe me when I say it was the longest three minutes of my life!!!!

At the time I had no idea what those two little lines on a white stick really meant. Now I sit three and half years later and I still have no clue. All I know is that I do better, try harder and pray more because she, well now THEY are watching! As I was trying to decide what to blog about, I asked a friend for some suggestions. She replied and said I should blog about what inspires me. Well here you have it. There is no greater inspiration then my desire to raise two beautiful women who will follow, fear and love God with their whole heart.

Gee this is great timing, I really needed to remember this today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that blog was beautiful!

rashad said...

Two things: 1)Michell was right this really was beautiful, and you should share it with the husband if you haven't already. and 2)i'm impressed that he plays golf

Shaneia said...

Wow that was really beautiful. I love hearing how the little girls came. Its just proof positive that God's timing is the only timing that really matters and he wont give you more than you can handle. So you must've been more ready for motherhood than you thought.

I really enjoy reading your blogs too. Its true - writing has always been our best form of communication. It makes me feel like I'm right there in TX with you. Glad we still have the opportunity to share our worlds.

Chrystal said...

I love it Wynt!