Sunday, May 20, 2007

Old

So last night my neighbors had a party, more specifically it was a "fish fry."

I personally have never spoken to them. However my husband, being the socialite that he is, has held numerous conversations with them and has taken a liking to their 4 kids. They seem to be a nice family and they do speak to me, by default I suppose. But when my husband told me they stopped by a few days ago to 1. prepare us for the noise and 2. to invite us to the function, I knew I wouldn't be going. To be honest I was slightly annoyed that their noise would disturb my nightly routine of quiet time, even though they were polite about it.

So the party started and yes it was LOUD but it sounded kind of fun. So I decided to let their kids come over and sit with Alena and Kaitlyn (they were sleeping) while I joined Jonathan......boy was I in for a suprise...and not really ready for it!!!!

These people were serious! Let's just say they either don't get out much or they get out too much. THEY HAD COME TO PARTY!! It was about 15 40+ year olds, a cooler of assorted beers and a deep fryer. Oh let's not forget the boombox and the lapdance chair!!!

It was entertaining but a bit much for the hubs and I. So after a few good laughs, we took our oldhead selves back home where ironically the real fun began...

We finished the night, watching Anger Managment and playing Sorry, Uno, GoldFish, and I-DE-CLARE-WAR with the kids! It was great.

Just another one of those moments when I just have to laugh at where I am in life....the highlight of my weekend is entertaining the neighbor's kids. Now wouldn't you know they came back tonight.

Man, just like a kid :-)

So just like an adult, I kindly pulled the games down, gave them to them and sent them right back home to "practice." Then I returned to my nightly routine of quiet time.

Not sure which is worse...rather play with the kids or too tired to play with the kids...either way I guess I am just OLD!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL....that's all I can say...and I know the feeling.

Shaneia said...

Girrrlll, please I live near the harbor in Baltimore City, nice neighborhood, but lets just say I know about the neighborly parties...I can hear them through the window which I am usually by while reading my book getting ready to go to sleep. We're all getting old. And doesn't it seem like the ones partying are the ones older than us...I tell you!!!

Anonymous said...

We also have a neighbor with a boombox and lots of friends... Last weekend it was '70s music into the night... I call it his "request for prayer," cause that's my "intentional response" now... (The first time... 3 years ago... we called the cops... only because it was so loud he couldn't hear us knocking on the door...) In spite of all that, he is a good neighbor and a blessing to us... how bout that...

rashad said...

Of all the things you listed that went out at that party, i'm the most jealous about the playing of sorry and i declare war. I haven't played those games since I was in jr. high