Monday, May 7, 2007

Just Wipes

Once again my lil Lena has called me to the plate and has challenged me to step up my game. Within the last few weeks she has developed a new awareness of her surroundings, daily activities and rules! Basically she has joyfully entered into the dreaded "WHY" phase.

Thought you might enjoy some of our most recent conversations...

Convo 1: Takes place at the kitchen table after watching what I thought was a safe movie, "Charlotte's Web"

Alena: I don't want to DIE. I don't WANT to DIE. I DON'T WAN--
Me: --Alena, what are you talking about? Why are you saying that?
Alena: Wilbur says that mommy..I don't want..
Me: Ohhhh ok, well don't say that anymore
Alena (very genuinely) Why mommy?
Me: um I don't know just don't
Alena: But why mom? Is it mean?
Me: No
Alena: Is it silly?
Me: um no
Alena: Is it bad?
Me: um no
Alena: well then why mommy? why?
Me: JUST DON'T!!!!! :-)

Convo 2: Alena is coloring on the floor. I look over and see a crayon in her mouth…not the first time..

Me: (in my very serious and stern voice, kneeling down so I can be eye level) Alena, do not put the crayons in YOUR mouth. If I see you put another crayon in your mouth, I am going to throw them in the trash. Do you understand?

Alena: yes ma'am

Within matter of seconds I look back over at her and what do I see? SHE IS COLORING ON MY FLOOR!!!!!

Me: (VERY SERIOUS) ALENA, DIDN'T I TELL YOU IF YOU DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH CRAYONS I WAS GOING TO THROW THEM IN THE TRASH????

Alena calmly looks up at me and says: No, you said if I put them in my mouth.

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our most recent convo 3: I am sitting on the living floor and in walks Alena. She is wiping off the walls, the baseboards and is proceeding to wipe off Kaitlyn's play gym
Me: Alena what are you doing?

Alena: (never stopping what she is doing) Cleaning up

Me: (getting increasingly worked up because I notice that she is using her toddler wipes that we just bought today!) "Alena is that a wipe from your bathroom? What are you doing with those? Those are expensive! Mommy paid a lot of money for those!!! You are only supposed to use those in the bathroom!!!! DO NOT CLEAN THE HOUSE WITH THOSE!!!! If you play with them I AM NOT GOING TO BUY YOU ANYMORE....

Alena: after she saw that I was finished my tantrum, she very calm and "as a matter of fact" says: Mommy, they are just wipes.

Me: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......

Folks I am doing the best I can but this little girl is TOO MUCH!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL....too funny. She's too much! LOL...and I'm glad you're blogging again.

Chrystal said...

I LOVE IT...Kariss and I were both laughing!

Ayisha said...

She is little Wynter. I am at work laughing at how funny she is. I am also laughing at how much I remember those day with you and MAMA. LOL! We always seem to get it back.

Jenn said...

Wynter,

This is too cute.. And too real. Deaven is the same way.. It gets better !!! As well as funnier....

Jenn Jenn