Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rest

There is something about the very presence of my husband that brings a sense of rest to my life. Actually it’s quite ironic because there is nothing about his personality that exemplifies "rest." He very much enjoys being on the go and keeping busy, or "moving with a purpose" as he puts it, where I on the other hand love to lounge and take it easy....which I have not been able to do...

So this past Thursday Jonathan so graciously agreed to stay at home with our oldest daughter, Alena, so that mommy and Kaitlyn could retreat to the luxurious Gaylord Hotel.

Because Kaitlyn is still so young (and is really a peaceful baby) we decided I would have one night of much needed peace, quiet and lounge time until he was able to join me late Friday evening.

Well one would think this was an awesome treat, right? WRONG! Well ok not wrong because it was GREAT but I did find myself on the phone with him constantly with all sorts of silly questions that I am embarrassed to tell you about. Just know that they ranged from how much and exactly when do I tip the valet parker? to can I open the door for room service in my robe?!?! :-)

I had to laugh at myself for being so silly. But deep down I felt really good about it. This may sound pathetic and weak to some but I am so grateful there are some things in my life that I simply don't have to worry about. I don’t know what’s appropriate for tipping, because my husband pays for me. I don't know if it’s ok to open the door in a robe because Jonathan protects me from unwanted attention...

When I think about my time alone I can't help to be amazed at what God has done without me knowing it. He has taught me to rely on my husband to have a certain level of control which allows his very presence to put my internal being at rest.

By no means do I have this wifey thing down but slowly I am learning that when I operate in my role as a wife the way God has designed it life can be so much easier and worry free. I am so grateful for the fact that that I can trust and rest on my hubby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a very lucky - blessed woman. I was gripping to my other co-workers about needing a husband to have extra set of hands for the little things like picking up dry cleaning or going to the grocery store...but you have made realize there may be more use for a husband besides running errands :-)