Sunday, April 8, 2007

Life as I knew it...



It was nearly 1am. and instead of being somewhere far off in dreamland or snuggled with my hubby, there I sat on the floor alone (well sort of) in my musty, hot bedroom, inhaling humidity.
This may sound bizarre to some of you but if you have ever had a sick child...this scene is probably somewhat familiar.

Kaitlyn, my precisous 3 month old baby girl has a cough bigger then her and it just won't go away. So as a last resort to relieve her from her discomfort, I decided to place the humidifier on the floor and position myself directly in front of it in order for her to inhale the steam perfectly, kind of like a baby facial :-) I have to admit it sounds "extra" considering the humidfier had been running ALL day and my room could not get any more humid, but it worked and somehow she managed to sleep through the whole ordeal.

I am not sure how long I stayed on the floor or when I finally dozed off but the one thing I am sure about is that it was my sweet little 3 years olds voice that woke me at 6:57am.

Now, if anyone knows anything about me they know I am a sleeper. I mean I L-O-V-E to sleep, almost didnt get my husband (then acquaitance) because I chose sleep over talking to him...haha but thats another blog. So anyway its kind of ironic that I am now forced to survive with so little of it.

Of course Alena woke up ready to go and because of Kaitlyn's cough we were not going anywhere for the second day in a row. So I needed to be on point to keep up with her energy level. I actually suprised myself. I mean we played hard...baby dolls, crafts, makeshift Easter egg hunt and on and on...









Its days like this that I have to admit that I never could have imagined life as I know it but I am so glad its the one I got!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this is really good, wynter.

Unknown said...

Your writing is awesome! I think what is so great is your honesty and your down to earth comments. And yes it is only your husband or children who would even dare wake the sleeping bear! Ha Ha Ha Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

MiMom said...

So happy to read of life in Dallas, as our time together here and there is not so frequent. Thanks for blogging!

While you were sitting in front of the humidifier with Katydid, I know you were praying! I see Alena did much more than make a Jesus is the Lamb picture... What a wonderful Easter to remember.

Poppi, Cece, E, LA, Drew & I had a busy day in Sunday School yesterday. We had a full house with plenty of visitors... so was happy to go to Carl & Connie's for dinner...(Fess came too). We brought the ham, cole slaw and Krispie treats... They fried a turkey and made lots of good stuff to eat... And we watched (well, some of us closed our eyes) Charlotte's Web. (What, no sports!!!?) It was a nice day. Ben called to tell of the skywriter over Orlando, putting Easter messages out there for all (golfers) to read :)

Again, thanks for blogging... Hugs and Kisses to all!!!