Wednesday, April 11, 2007

About me

So I have been thinking about this blog thing and re-examining the "about me" section that sits on the left side of the page screaming READ ME!!

If you take a look at it you will see that I have come up with NOTHING. Well not exactly nothing, but not anything creative or spicey, just the normal stuff..."mother, wife, blah blah."

After playing around with it, I decided it is what it is and thats just it.

Well without realizing it, this reality became the begining of a downward spiral. I began to think about why I was so determined to find something else to fill that space. As if being married to a wonderful man and being the mother of two precious baby girls can't be IT, its just not enough.

I mean after all I have always been expected to do great things, right? I mean really, I not only went to the best schools, but I studied abroad, I got good grades, I have experienced and been exposed to wonderful things and then on top of that I Love the Lord Jesus Christ and surely he would make sure I reached my expected greatness....right?

Well then why is it that when I think about me all I have is my wonderful husband and two precious baby girls? Surely I have something else...but what?? Where is it and what exactly am I doing with my life??

As I got farther and farther down the rings of this spiral I created I saw no postive ending. Then it hit me.

Is it that I am only a wife and a mother or is it that who I am, the life I live , is only reflected in the things I affect? The reality is its the things that I impact that truely measure and define who I am.

So here goes...

About me:

I am married to a wonderful man and the mother of two precious baby girls.



Now there yall go all up in my cabinets!!!

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

You know I feel ya on the wife and mother thing. The funny deal is that we KNOW that mommmyhood and wifeyhood is a HUGE responsibility.

I guess it's our training. It's a conspiracy. We've been programmed to look for more :)

MiMom said...

So thankful that YOU are the wife of my son and the mommy of my grandbabies...